GATE 2014 Application Procedure, Payment of Fee, http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies.
Thousands of students anxiously wait for GATE notification and this year GATE will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website opens on Monday, 2 September 2013. Ednol.com brings you a detailed instructions on how to apply for GATE.
All candidates should note that only online application is available for GATE 2014. All eligible candidates have to apply via ONLINE only.
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- For most of applicant’s interaction with the GATE office, an online interface is provided. The applicants get all the services through this interface. You will be provided GOAPS Enrollment ID and password to login to this interface.
- GOAPS website can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal Gate Offices or from the website of IIT Kharagpur, the GATE 2014 organizing institute.
- Once you register with GOAPS, you will get an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrollment ID. You should keep the ID and password with you to log in to GOAPS.
Data Required for Filling Application
Candidates should keep the below mentioned information ready, before you login to GOAPS.
- Personal Information like name, DOB, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’smobile number.
- Address for communication including PIN code.
- Eligibility Degree Details.
- GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities.
- Good Quality image of your photograph confirming to the requirements specified in Photograph requirements.
- Good Quality image of your signature confirming to the requirements specified in Signature specifications.
- Details of a valid ID proof that you can carry to the examination hall.
- Optional: Your netbanking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net banking mode.
Once GOAPS opens on 2nd September 2013, you can log in with your ID and password to fill the application form.
- Fill the necessary details as per the given instructions.
- Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature.
- You have the option to ‘save’ partially filled form and you can resume filling in by logging in later.
- Once you click “submit and proceed to payment” button, you wont be allowed to make any further change.
You can pay the fee by offline or via netbanking option.
After Processing “Submit & Proceed to Payment Option” you will be taken to payment option.
For challan payment Option:
Candidates who have selected challan payment option will directly proceed to the next step, “Proceed Next for PDF Download”.
Candidates will have to download the two links, “Download Challan for Payment” and Download Filled Application”.
The download application form will contain these pages :
1.Instructions to the candidate and address slip where you need to send the copy.
2.The application form.
3.For those who opted offline payment: Optional page for candidates who select “bank challan” mode of payment. This page will contain 3 copies of the challan to be processed with the respective banks.
Candidates who opted for netbanking follow the instructions given in the payment section and complete the process.
After filling the details you will proceed to the next step “Proceed Next for PDF Download”.
Candidates need to download only the ‘filled application’.
The download application will contain the first two pages as mentioned above.
For General/OBC Male Candidates: Rs. 1500
Women Candidates of any category: Rs. 750
Other Candidates (General/ OBC): Rs.1500
SC/ ST/ PD Category Candidates: Rs.750
Depending on the mode of payment additional charges will be applicable. Click here for more details.
Sending documents to the GATE Office
The printed application form along with the supporting documents must be mailed by Speed Post or Registered Post to the Zonal Office.
Do not fill the address by hand. Use the address slip provided to you. The printed address slip contains the bar code necessary for processing your application.
Candidates should ensure that they have attached all the required documents along with the form.
Last Date of Receipt of Application: 10 October,2013
For more details, visit website of IIT Kharagpur, the GATE 2014 organizing institute.
Other Related Links