GATE 2014 Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies.
GATE is conducted through the constitution of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are:
- Zone 1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Zone 2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Zone3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Zone 4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Zone 5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Zone 6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Zone 7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Zone 8 : Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE 2014 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, which is designated as the Organizing Institute (OI) for GATE 2014.
Changes in GATE 2014
- A new paper “Ecology and Evolution” is introduced.
- Online Computer Based Test (CBT) will be conducted for all the 22 papers.
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February and 2nd March 2014. Examination for some of the papers will be conducted in multiple sessions. Exact details will be released later.
Some of the changes introduced in GATE 2013 will continue to remain in force for GATE 2014.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy ( Post Diploma/ Post B. Sc./ 4 years after 10+2)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Post Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)
- Masters degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Post- Bsc Integrated Masters Degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4 year program)
- Integrated Masters Degree programs or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology (five year program)
- Integrated M. Sc. Or five year integrated B.S- M.S program.
- B.E/ B. Tech/ B. Arch. Equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE.
For more details on eligibility and copies of certificates to be submitted, click here.
Important Dates To Remember
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: Monday, 2 September 2013
Last Date for Enrollment (after this only enrolled candidates can fill the application): Tuesday, 1 October 2013
Last Date for Submission of Online Application through website: Thursday 3 October 2013
Last Date for the receipt of Print-out of the online Application : Thursday 10 October 2013
Last Date for Request of Change in the choice of city: Wednesday 20 November 2013
Availability of Admit Card on the GOAPS website for printing: Wednesday 18 December 2013
GATE 2014 Online Examination: Between 1st February and 2nd March 2014
Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: 28th March 2014.