Moma Scholarship 2013-14 Eligibility, Application Form, momascholarship.gov.in
Moma Scholarship is implemented by the Government of India with an objective to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities. Moma Scholarship helps students with poor financial background to pursue professional and technical courses.
Moma Scholarships will be available for studies in India only. It will be awarded through an agency designated by the State Government/ UT Administration for the purpose.
Last Date for submission of Online Fresh Applications by students has been extended up to 10 October, 2013.
Features of Moma Scholarship Scheme
- 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girl students.
- Students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination
- Not more than 2 students from the family.
- Scholarship allocation to the States/ UTs depends on the basis of population.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
Every year the government distributes 20000 scholarships among the students of minority communities throughout the country.
Click here to see the state-wise distribution of scholarship among the students belonging to minority communities.
Financial assistance will be provided for degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution.
- Students who got admission in technical/ professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for Moma scholarship.
- Students who got admission in technical/ professional courses without any competitive examination, will also be eligible. But such students should not have less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh from all sources.
- A Moma Scholarship holder should not avail any other scholaship/ stipend for pursuing the course.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted to the Secretary of the Dept. of the concerned state govt/ UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institution where the students are pursuing technical/ professional courses.
Click here to know more on the rate of moma scholarship, other conditions and application procedure of Moma Scholarship.
- Post-Matric Scholarship
The scholarship is awardd for studies in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the government and eligible private institutes.
- Scholarship will be awarded to students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of the parents/ guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lakh.
Mode of applying
The concerned State government/ Union Territory Administration will supply the application forms, till such computerized systems are made operational.
Click here to know more on the application procedure, conditions and rate of Moma scholarships.
Last Date of Submission Extended
The latest notification has informed that the last date for submitting fresh application has been extended to 10 October 2013. So, students who are in need of Moma scholarships, submit the form as soon as possible.
Click here to get a detailed guidelines for submitting application.
For more details, you can visit the official website.
All the Best!