National Institute of Design, Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2014, admissions.nid.edu
National Institute of Design invites application for Graduate Diploma Programme in Design ( GDPD) and Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD) for the year 2014-15
- National Institute of Design is internationally acclaimed as one of the finest educational and research institutions for industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated (Experiential) Design.
- It is an autonomous institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
- It is recognized by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research(DSIR), Government of India as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO).
Click here to know more on NID.
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD)
Number of Seats: 100
Duration of the Course: Four years. GDPD begins with a two semester Foundation Programme followed by three years of specialized studies in any of the disciplines offered in GDPD.
- Candidates who have passed or who will appear for qualifying examination under the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent like AISSCE/ IB/ ISC during the academic year 2013-14.
- Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years as on June 1st, 2014.
Click here to know more on GDPD
Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD)
NID offers PGDPD in different areas of specialization. However, One cannot apply for more than two PG Programmes. Those applying for two programmes should send separate application forms along with two separate sets of documents for each programmes.
Click here to know more on the various disciplines offered by NID
Projected Number of Seats: 245
Duration of all Post Graduate Programmes: 2 ½ years
- Candidates having a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent including those who will be appearing for the qualifying examinations during the academic year, 2012-2013 in the appropriate areas are eligible to apply. Click here to know the eligibility required for different PG Programmes.
- Upper age limit for candidates is 30 years as on June 1, 2014.
- The admission process is based on NID’s method of selection.
- Candidates should appear for the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) conducted by NID. The test will be conducted at various centers.
- Based on the scores, candidates will be shortlisted for the second phase.
- The second phase will be studio tests followed by personal interviews at Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar.
- Call letters for the second phase of the selection procedure will be posted by March 3, 2014.
- The information will be available on NID’s official website.
Application form of NID, DAT 2014
The completed application forms may be posted to NID/ handed over physically with supporting documents and Demand Draft of Rs.1500/- drawn on any nationalized bank in favour of ‘National Institute of Design’ payable at Ahmedabad.
Postal Address for application form:
‘NID Admissions 2014-15′
National Institute of Design
Paldi, Ahmedabad 380007,
Tel: +91-79-2662 3462
Important Dates To Remember
Last Date for Receiving the completed Application Forms: 2 November, 2013
DAT Hall Ticket/ Call Letter to be posted by: 10 December, 2013.
Design Aptitude Test for GDPD: 12 January, 2014
Design Aptitude Test for PGDPD: 11 January, 2014